Helo welcom 2 my websight
So the holidays are just around the corner, right? Or at least that's what it looks like when you walk around in the mall. I dunno why everyone starts forcing Christmas before Sinterklaas has even passed, but I guess I should just go with the flow just for once. So this year, instead of a giant rant about retarded Dutch people not honoring the tradition of Sinterklaas, you'll be able to enjoy a Christmas special! Isn't that nice?
Of course, last year I posted the Star Wars Christmas album, and the year before that the Onkel Tom Angelripper Christmas album, which no doubt have brightened up your Christmasses for years to come, but this year, there's an SNSD Special. Because I feel like it. And you know you want to see it too. You can try to deny it, but in truth, all you want for Christmas is to see 18 legs dance to 'Santa Baby', right?
WELL, YOU'RE IN LUCK! Because apparently, Korea wanted to see that same thing for their Christmas in 2009! And, let's be honest, who wouldn't? This video is pretty glorious, because not only you get to see SNSD in 'Mrs. Claus' costumes, you can also hear them sing live. In English. Which means it's hilariously bad at times!
Download the So Nyuh Shi Dae — Santa Baby mp4 here.
Are you interested in 'different things' and would you prefer to watch pretty girlyboys butcher American Christmas songs? No problem, we've got ya covered! And of course this video also has SNSD in there. But mostly pretty girlyboys. And female idols who had too much plastic surgery. The spirit of Christmas, right here!
Download the KBS2 Music Bank Christmas Medley tp here.
Of course there's also the 'Christmas Editions' of regular SNSD songs, such as this rendition of So Nyuh Shi Dae's self titled song 'Girls' Generation', preceded by a very clever cut of Honey and Ooh La La. If the honeysweet introduction in this video doesn't warm your heart up for the holidays, I'm not sure what will.
Plus, you get to see Sica and Fany in incredibly cute dresses.
Download the Christmas Golden Disk performances of Honey, Ooh La La and Girls' Generation mkv here.
This next video isn't really a Christmas video, but because of the style of the performance and prettiness of the song, it certainly wouldn't look out of place in..uh…a blog post about Christmas videos. Because seriously, it's really good. And it shows that the girls can, in fact, sing well live. It's just that they can't sing and dance at the same time. But that shit takes practice, yo!
Anyway, download So Nyuh Shi Dae's beautiful version of 'Beautiful Restriction' in mkv format here.
For the final music video, we have this awesome Christmas performance of everyone's favorite song Gee, and Jingle Bell Rock. There's worse things in existence than being reminded of Gee every time you see a Christmas tree, right?
So download the mkv of SNSD's 2009 performance of Gee and Jingle Bell Rock at KBS2 Music Bank here.
And as the cherry on the cake, we've also got some tv shows SNSD has starred in! The first is the Christmas Episode of Invincible Youth, subbed by my favorite fansubbing group, Soshisubs! (Actually, they're also the only fansubbing group subbing SNSD videos, but I do really like them for that.)
Some explanation is in order here, I guess. Invincible Youth is a show where they take 7 girls from the most popular Korean girl groups, and dump them out in the countryside. Generally, they have to do all kinds of work and take care of themselves by harvesting crops, building toilets (that was a good episode) and help out the villagers of Yoochiri village, who apparently have an average age of around 90. In this episode, however, the girls can take a break from their hard work and engage in a Christmas event for which 7 popular girlymen have been invited! One of them is actually pretty cool. And one of them is a fat dude with no eyes. So basically YOU'VE GOT TO SEE THIS SHIT!
This video has been provided (and subbed) by Soshisubs (pay them a visit (or 10 bux) at www.soshified.com if you want to), available in avi format here.
Some further information that might be crucial to enjoying this episode:
– Korean girls have to be innocence personified while on tv, because if they aren't, their ronery male fans will move to a more innocent and more 'pure' waifu.
– Korean girlyboys, in turn, have to do the same in order to avoid being squashed under 1000 pounds of female Korean whale meat.
– The 7 girls in the series are: 1. Sunny (SNSD) 2. Yuri (SNSD) 3. Narsha (Brown Eyed Girls) 4. Hyomin (T-Ara) 5. Sunhwa (Secret) 6. Goo Hara (KARA) 7. Hyunah (4Minute)
– Sunny and Shinyoung (one of the MC's) often perform jokes that come from the program one of the guys that's invited works on, and he has obviously seen some of the episodes, hence the friendly atmosphere between them.
– Taewoo (another MC who was busy doing a concert during the recording of this episode) said on a show that Yuri was his ideal woman, which has led to much teasing and jealousy in the previous episodes, especially when Sunhwa decided to create a 'love triangle' between Yuri, Taewoo, and herself. By all accounts, the only reason she did this was probably to get more screen time.
– Narsha is the oldest of the G7 (Girls7, get it?) members with a whopping 30 years. But luckily she still looks like she's 20, so it's awwwwright. She's also pretty damn awesome and the most hardworking out of all the girls.
– Hyomin, nicknamed CEO girl (Constantly Edited Out girl), had some problems during the first episodes of Invincible Youth to get any airtime because she wasn't used to doing variety shows. This episode is not much better for her, I'm afraid.
– Sunhwa is new in 'the industry' (which is taken extremely serious in Korea) and thus isn't completely up to speed yet on what she can and can't do/say on tv. Which is good for the people watching it, but probably not so good for her group, Secret. She is, however, extremely cute. And extremely bad at multiplication.
– Goo Hara is Yoochiri's immature joke queen, making a few horribly bad puns every episode that only Koreans would get, but looking mindblowingly cute in the process, so people from other countries can appreciate them too. Her group, KARA, is pretty popular, but it doesn't seem like she's too concerned about her image since she completely spazzes out most episodes, including this one.
– Lastly, (and I'd say 'but not least', but seriously Hyunah is really boring) there's 4Minute's Hyunah. Honestly I've never seen even one video of 4Minute and I think Hyunah is kind of annoying with her constant whining. No wonder, since with her 18 years she's the maknae of the group, I guess.
– I really want to drink that Pomegranate liquor.
This next video I've selected is an episode of 'We Got Married', a show where famous Koreans pretend to be in a marriage with..well..another famous Korean that they usually don't actually like all that much. It's incredibly cute. They do 'husband and wife things' together and live together in an apartment and stuff like that. This episode isn't a Christmas episode per se, but for some reason I feel like it's really got a Christmassy feel to it. In this episode, SNSD's Kid Leader, Kim Taeyeon, and her husband, comedian Hyungdon, exercise in the leaf-covered scenery of Seoul and enjoy an awkward but very cute Valentine together.
Download episode 46 of 'We Got Married' here, once again courtesy of Soshisubs.
This is gonna be the final video I'm linking because I think Soshified's courtesy might not extend THAT far, if you know what I mean. If you want to see more of them, please join Soshified forums or, you know, come by my place since I have a pretty much complete collection of SNSD videos nowadays.
Anyway, this is the second to last episode of 'Factory Girl', a show where the 9 SNSD girls decide to work for Elle Magazine Korea and get bossed around a lot by the staff. In this episode, one team (consisting of Sunny, Taeyeon, Jessica and Yuri) has to throw a Christmas party and write a column full of tips on how they did it, and the other team (consisting of Tiffany, Seohyun, Hyohyun and Sooyoung) is going to help a young woman confess her love to the man she..well..loves. The confession takes a turn for the worst and seriously gets kind of sad for a bit, so this really makes for a very interesting episode.
Download episode 9 of 'Factory Girl' here.
So that's all, but this should at least keep you busy for a while and before you know it, Sinterklaas will have passed and you can celebrate Christmas for real, alright?
Jeulgeoun seongtanjeol bonaesigo saehae bok manhi bateusaeyo!
[P.s. – Can't play all of the videos? You lack the proper codecs. Please download the Combined Community Codec Pack here. It's a small download, a couple of seconds for the install and you don't have to change any of the settings to be able to play pretty much everything flawlessly.]
[P.s. 2 – Yes, I'm aware most of these are Megaupload downloads. The reason is that otherwise, you would've had to download several mediafire files and 'join' them together with a seperate program, which you would no doubt not want to do, so yeah]